Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer update

Well, it's been a good summer so far.  Lots of good news from friends -- jobs, apartments, engagements.  Lots of good social time, lots of ice cream and fresh fruit from the farmer's market, and I've been getting outside a lot the last few weeks learning to canoe, which has been really nice.  Haven't gotten as much done on the grad school applications front as I'd have liked quite yet, but panic mode's about to set in, and then I'll be flailing about getting everything done at once, which is how I work best anyway.  It's still my goal to be moving on from Workplace a year from now.

The parents' dog has arrived, and I like him a lot more than I expected.  He's a sweetie, and how irresistible is this face?:

Benji, with chipmunk
He likes to take my dad for walks:

Walk this way.
He also likes to bark at light fixtures, he does tricks for ice cubes, he's not very smelly, he's super cute, and he seems particularly affectionate toward me but doesn't jump up or drool on me, which is nice.  

They won the jackpot, dog-wise.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw, yay! Cute! I'm more of a cat person too, so dogs are kind of hit-or-miss with me. But definitely, all of those things you mentioned are good, especially the not jumping. Also, is that a wee chipmunk toy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS A WEE CHIPMUNK TOY. :D My parents call it his "carcass." "Aww, is Benji savaging his carcass?? Good boy, Benji. Scary doggie!!!"

      Delete