Saturday, May 1, 2010

::weftweftweft::

Update on the new project already! I'm trying to get three hand towels spit out before my lesson Wednesday -- my teacher's bringing her sewing machine to hem the ends so I can have them for my mom for mother's day. I need to have 105 inches by then and I currently have ...15. Guess what I'm doing this weekend!!



Close-up!


I'm pleased with how it's turning out so far. Like, absurdly pleased. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty. I still can't believe you're actually making fabric; that's so cool!

    I like the bookshelf link on the side! I take it that's what you're reading at this moment? That's really cool. (I love Carl Sagan.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you should be proud! You're making actual things! Things that look made!

    (Sometimes I make things with words. This post is not one of them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah, even my teacher says she still sometimes has moments when she sits back and says, gee, I'm taking string and making fabric. That's so weird.

    Yeah, it's my current read. :) I almost called attention to it in my post, but it had nothing to do with weaving, and I'm not sure how long it's going to stay there. It might be that as soon as I start reading something truly embarrassing it's going to quietly disappear. ;)

    So, Kasey, I take it we're not showing Joel your post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeeeeeeee. "Weft" is my new favorite word....

    ReplyDelete